The Big Apple is a deliciously tart and slightly sweet cocktail made with apple cider, moonshine, applejack, and a dash of bitters. The cinnamon simple syrup and lemon juice add a hint of spice and citrus to balance the flavors, while the apple cider vinegar brings a slight tang to the drink.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Mix it up
- To make the cinnamon syrup, combine water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the syrup has thickened slightly and the cinnamon flavor has infused into the syrup.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Once cooled, strain the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer to remove the cinnamon sticks.
- To make the cocktail, add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds to chill and combine the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and/or apple slice (optional).